We believe that everyone has the right to privacy, including people like us who run websites and apps that collect and store your personal data. Privacy is necessary for people to feel secure, and we believe that the internet should operate with this assumption. Security is the foundation for trust online, and it’s important to discuss the importance of personal privacy before we get into what we do to protect your data.
Your data is valuable, and you trust companies like ours with it every time you visit a website, download an app from an app store, or use your credit card to buy something online. It’s important that you know how we use your data and that you understand what your data is being used for. With that in mind, let’s get into the details of how we protect your personal data here at totnesearlymusic.org.uk.
We Are Determined To Protect Your Privacy
One of the most important parts of protecting your data is ensuring that the data that we collect is correct. That’s why we ask you to review and correct your information whenever possible. For example, if you feel that we hold sensitive data about you, we encourage you to contact us to ensure that it is correct. And we make it easy for you to delete your data, if you ever choose to do so.
However, to be realistic, we can’t promise that your data will never be published online or shared with other parties. Once you share information online, there’s no way to know if someone else will ever find, collect, or use that data for malicious purposes. Protecting your data from cybercriminals and other malicious actors online is an extremely difficult task. This is why we only collect the absolute minimum of data, necessary for running our website.
How We Go About Protecting Your Information
- Correctly storing your data - This website uses HTTPS encryption to protect the data on this website. HTTPS encryption is an industry standard that’s used by many websites to protect data transfers. It’s important to note that HTTPS encryption only protects data in transit between you and our website, not data stored on our servers.
- Limiting access to your data - We use a variety of security protocols and processes to protect your account data and your data in general. For example, only authorized employees have access to your account information and the data you post on this website.
- Limiting how long your data is stored - Your account data will be deleted regularly However, some data, such as any communications we share, may be stored indefinitely in order to answer any future queries from you.
- Protecting your data from unauthorized advertisers - This website does not employ any third-party advertisement networks or data brokers.
Data Collection Transparency
Your data gives us the ability to provide you with useful information, like correct translations, accurate definitions, and interesting facts. However, we understand that you might not want to share certain things with us, and you have the right to choose what data you share with this website.Therefore this website does not collect personal information from you unless you choose to provide it. You can visit this website without registering for an account, or entering any information.
We are transparent about which third parties have access to your data - this website does not share your data with any third parties.
Finally we are transparency about your data deletion - You can ask us at any time to delete any personally identifiable information we hold about you and we will do so within a reasonable time.
Essential Data we Collect
This website collects data to provide you with accurate translations, definitions, facts, and other information. In order to provide this information, we need to collect data from you, including your language, IP address, location, and the services and apps you use, vis:
- Language data - This website will collect data about the language(s) you use.
- IP address - This website uses your IP address to help route your requests to our servers, provide general statistics about our website’s usage, and to protect our website against malicious actors.
- Data from apps and services you use - This website collects data from the apps and services you use. This data helps us provide you with more accurate information when you use this website.